Jezebel Filmworks is pleased to offer personalized video sessions that consist of intimate interviews with you or your loved one that last a life time. People often express their feelings by sending flowers or cards to say, “I love you.” For visual expressions, a picture is worth a thousand words. A digital video interview records the words, feelings, expressions and stories that pass on the family history to the next generation. This is as valuable as any family heirloom. These personalized recordings are not only timeless; they provide a sense of purpose and can be very therapeutic for participants. Digital video interviews are perfect gifts for birthdays, anniversaries, family reunions, tributes and home-going repasses. They are also great gifts for loved ones or upcoming holidays such as: Thanksgiving, Hanukah, Christmas, Kwanzaa, or New Years!
As part of our Memoirist offerings, we encourage you to document your elders. Griot Moments captures interviews of our most valuable resource. Griot, in the West African tradition means storyteller, or an elder who perpetuates the oral traditions of a family or community. Based on pre-conversations with clients about the subject, we design specific questions to ask senior citizens that speak about their family history, life experiences, realized or unrealized dreams, business matters, hopes for the future and how they’d like to be remembered. Griot Moments can ease the generation gap and provide younger family members with a sense of self, and teach relatives about their past allowing them to know those from whom they came.
LIFE MATTERS: End of Life Preparation Sessions. It’s always hard to say good-bye, or even have to think about your mortality. While death is a touchy subject, it is a circumstance that none of us can escape. In addition to your written will, think about recording your wishes, needs and wants on DVD. We provide detailed, confidential prearranged interviews that allow you to speak to your love ones in your own words on DVD. Do your love ones know how you’d like to be laid to rest? Your funeral service desires? Your living will preference? Where your important codes, contacts and papers are kept? You can tell them in a DVD that his stored with your will or estate planner.
Our professional services include: an initial complimentary phone and/or Skype conversation to discuss your needs, research and develop detailed questions specific to each person’s interview, and pre-plan the video session. We will set up an appointment (date/time) to digitally video record an interview, place your order for DVDs’ and confirm a specific delivery date.
Memoirist Sessions Include:
- A complimentary pre-interview session for research & development of questions before the interview
- Questions and an confidential interview session conducted by a professional interviewer
- A digital video taped recording of Subject (you, family member, associate…) at a specified location of your choice. *A Professional Photo Session (photographs) are also available for an additional fee (on location, or in front of a nicely lit, colored back-drop)
- Session estimated length — allow is 1 hour minimum
Basic Price: $225.00 for Memoirist Session *(Photograph photo sessions are additional. Contact for pricing)
- Uncut, DVD with no editing is included in cost with minimal 2 DVDs. Editing (includes an open, music, titles) and additional DVD copies are additional
- $40.00 – an hour to edit / clean up video, add music, titles and package DVD
- $10.00 – Include this fee for additional DVD copies
- $ 5.00 – Include this fee to cover postage and handling for each DVD
It doesn’t matter your age, race, culture, or religion — we will document and provide a DVD for your family, friend, neighbor church member, community activist, teacher for a special occasion that never has to end. Put the DVD in play it again and again.
Jezebel Filmworks Memorist taping that keeps memories alive forever — Priceless!
Call or Email us today to if you have any questions, or set up an appointment at: (202)232-3400 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Note: Jezebel Filmworks is based in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. For sessions in other states, additional transportation and accommodation fees will apply.